Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #60



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is...
(Well it's a freebie week so I'm going with)

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

I haven't done one of these for a few weeks and I figure why not jump back into things with a freebie week! I wasn't up to being creative enough to come up with my own so as I was going through the list this topic popped out at me. I've thought about this topic a lot lately because I'll see a book and wish to myself that I could go back in time and read it again for the first time. I got about 7 or so off the top of my head and then as I started going through my favorites shelves I ended up with 15 and I barely put a dent in going through my shelves. So I stopped and I'll have a few honorable mentions but all the same. Here we go...

(Click on the covers to go to their Goodreads pages)




The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time #1) by Robert Jordan

I've probably read this book at least six times in the last 10 or so years since I read it for the first time. It made me fall in love with epic fantasy so hard. I mean I loved it before but my love only deepened with these books. There's nothing like them. It doesn't get old and I still feel so much excitement every time I pick up this series but I wish I could go back and feel like I did the first time I read it.




Romancing Mr. Bridgerton (Bridgertons #4) by Julia Quinn

Sigh. The book that started my love affair with Historical Romance. Oh so many years ago, too many to try to calculate, I found Romancing Mr. Bridgerton at the library's used book store and even though I'd never read a HR before something made me buy it. I fell in love with everything. Julia Quinn's writing and humor, her characters, most especially Mr. Colin Bridgerton! It was all just so perfect I went out and bought everything else she'd written and I couldn't get enough. I've reread them all time and again but there's nothing like that first read!




Watchers by Dean Koontz

I am actually currently in lord only knows which number of a reread for this book in between getting review books read. It was my first Dean Koontz book and I love his incredibly warped mind and these intriguing and mysterious and adrenaline inducing books that he writes.




Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I was never really into paranormal romance until I read this one. I became obsessed after that with any sort of paranormal I could get my hands on. Angels, demons, ghosts, vampires. But there's nothing else quite like that arrogant yet sexy alien Daemon Black!




Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing I could go back and read this again for the first time.




Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

Again for the first time or just again period. I just really need this book back in my life!




Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate

I pretty much have the same thing to say for this one as I do for Unearthly. Love this series!




Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

I fell in love with vampire books with, of course, Twilight (sue me) but I never even thought of adding it to this list. I mean, sure it'd be nice to remember what it was like the first time reading them but I'd much rather read VA for the first time again! No contest.




Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan

It took me forever go get this read. I had to keep stopping and restarting it was so full of feels. I'd gladly feel all of that all over again. Such a beautiful book.




Hopeless (Hopeless #1) | Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover

These books. Holy crap, these books...





So what kind of list did you throw together for freebie week? :)




2 comments:

  1. Jessica MangicaroMay 19, 2015 at 2:36 PM

    Yes! I have so many books that I finish and am like... I just want to read this again and feel ALL THE FEELS! Obsidian, CoHo's, and VA are all great choices! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww one of these days I want to go back and reread the VA series again! That series changed my life vampirically speaking. haha. :) I'm rereading HP series right now and while I've reread them countless times before, i still LOVE it so much.

    ReplyDelete