Sunday, January 31, 2016

End of the Month 2016 [January]


Okay time. You can seriously slow the hell down any time now. First I was coasting along minding my own 2015 business, then I blink and it's 2016, then I blink again and it's February! 

Well, at least I got some good reading done this month. I finished 10 books this past month. Not all the books I had aimed for with my January TBR but I got the majority of them in!




I had started a reread of the Harry Potter books back in December and even though I really wanted to finish them, I was too excited to get into my first choice for the Series a Month challenge. I got so absorbed in The Mortal Instruments that I really allowed myself to savor it. Which left myself no time for the last 4 books in the HP series. Ah well. Hopefully I'll fit them in one of these days :/

I also squeezed in a couple of quick contemporaries this month when all I had handy was my Kindle and really wanted to read (since my TMI books are all physical copies). So I also read:







Series enders always make me so freaking nervous but, while this one did have me constantly on the edge of my seat, it was a fantastic ending!




It's not like this was horrible, though it did have it's moments that made me want to put it down...permanently. It's just kind of here by default really because everything else I read was just so much better.


(Click the banners to go to my individual challenge pages)



The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones was a reread, the rest were all first timers for me.

Love isn't even a strong enough word for how I'm feeling towards this world...




The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

I initially read City of Bones back in 2012 I believe it was and finally did a reread of that all the way through the other 5 this month!




8 out of the 10 books I read this month have been on either my shelf or in my Kindle since at least summer of 2015. I think this reading challenge is going to be my best friend this year! So much cleaning out of the shelves!!

What I read:







Even though the bulk of my reading this month was more on the Urban Fantasy side... I did manage to sneak in a few contemporaries to break it up a bit.

What I read in January:




(Click on the image to see the 4 books I crossed off my Popsugar list)





While I did get a good number of books read this month, I have absolutely failed at writing reviews. Matter of fact I wrote my first one before doing this post and it goes up in a couple days. Hopefully I can get a few more written tomorrow since I'm taking the next couple days to get some blogging done.

There's really not much else to say about my bookish/blogging world this month. I've read a lot of freaking fantastic (to me at least) books this month, where only one of them was just so-so. I really hope this continues through the rest of my 2016!

How has your reading/blogging life gone this month? Read any exciting books lately? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment