Thursday, October 9, 2014

Swoon Thursday #33



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:



Divergent (Divergent #1)
by Veronica Roth



"The simulation measures your fear response," I say softly. I'm just repeating what he told us, but reminding him might help him. "So if you can calm your heartbeat down, it will move on to the next one. Remember? So try to forget that we're here."

"Yeah?" I feel his lips move against my ear as he speaks, and heat courses through me. "That easy, huh?"

"You know, most boys would enjoy being trapped in close quarters with a agirl." I roll my eyes.

"Not claustrophobic people, Tris!" He sounds desperate now.

"Okay, okay." I set my hand on top of his and guide it to my chest, so it's right over my heart. "Feel my heartbeat. Can you feel it?"

"Yes."

"Feel how steady it is?"

"It's fast."

"Yes, well, that has nothing to do with the box." I wince as soon as I'm done speaking. I just admitted to something. Hopefully he doesn't realize that. "Every time you feel me breathe, you breathe. Focus on that."

"Okay."

I breathe deeply, and his chest rises and falls with mine.


What makes me really swoon about this scene is everyone always sees Four as this tough, strong guy and while he is both of those things he wants Tris to really know him and see him. So while most guys would put up a front in front of a girl, Four not only wants Tris to come along and witness his greatest fears he's hoping for it. And while she's trying to comfort him and giving him suggestions on how to pull himself out of it I feel like most guys would try to be like "I got this I don't need your help!" But Four listens and trusts and allows himself to be vulnerable around her without hesitation. Seriously, could this guy be any more awesome?


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love this scene!!!! I love how he lets her in like that! Sigh... Four.... <3

    ReplyDelete