Friday, February 19, 2016

2016 Love-A-Thon Questionnaire!



1. What’s your name?
Sheri :)

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I am from a tiny town that you have never heard of about an hour and a half north of Seattle, Washington called Anacortes.

(See I told you.)

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Way back in the day when MySpace was the thing (*cringes*) I was really into blogging back then. It started with funny life stories and sometimes there was poetry, etc. It was just a hodgepodge of randomness and I had a lot of fun. The community was awesome and I made some lifelong friends. After that all died down I knew I wanted to do something again but I didn't know what to do blogging wise. Then I discovered Goodreads and realized that people actually did book review blogs and since I read a lot and none of my friends are bookish I figured it'd be a good way to oooh and ahhh over whatever I was reading.

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
When I first started this I was "Perks of Being a Bookworm" (obviously a play on Perks of Being a Wallflower) and I loved that name and sometimes I miss it but then I went through a complete overhaul and changed my layout and everything and I incorporated one of my other obsessions, Disney movies (obviously Tangled in particular) and made it bookish. *Shrugs* It's just stuck.

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
I got myself into a huge contemporary rut but this year I'm trying to break out of that and get back to my first loves. Namely fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal and dystopia. So hopefully it'll start to move into a more balanced mix of genres.

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I really haven't yet. I mean I've kinda been in a major creative slump. I've been bouncing around a few discussion post ideas in my head but I've not followed through yet. So really the only thing I do besides reviews (which I'm even slacking in that area right now) are a couple of features I've been joining in and the occasional book haul.

7. Best blogging experience so far?
Probably when Jess tweeted me a screenshot from one of her Alice Clayton ARCs I think it was and in it was a tiny blurb from my review of Wallbanger. Stuff like that never happens to me so I was excited.

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
How nice and supportive and fun everyone can be. I mean I know that, like with any sort of community you come across, there are always going to be some bad apples. But I try to keep myself distanced from all of the negativity if I can. I've made some really great friends in this community though. A couple of which I would reach out to first if I was feeling down over people that I grew up with and have known for years.

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
1. Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare
2. Because of Miss Bridgerton  (Rokesbys #1) by Julia Quinn
3. Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
4. The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court #1) by Richelle Mead
5. The Great Hunt (The Great Hunt #1) by Wendy Higgins

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
1. Illuminae (Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
3. Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
4. The Mistake (Off-Campus #2) by Elle Kennedy
5. Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson (Started last year but never got to finish it!)

11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Probably The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn the first one being The Duke and I. It's Historical Romance at it's very best. Julia's writing is full of humor and lovable characters and so many historical swoons!

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Simon Spier and/or Abby Suso from Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. I adored both of them and can't decide. Their group is definitely one I would've gravitated towards in high school!

13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
James Carstairs ♥♥♥ Sigh. I want my own Jem!

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
And here's where my Shadowhunter obsession really makes itself obvious.
Jem because above. And then Will, Jace, Alec and Magnus.
I really need to seek help....

My answers caused this:


I love my friends :) So supportive of my obsessions hahahaha

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I'm a big gamer girl. Well at least I've been really getting back into it the last few months thanks to someone whose name I won't mention. But besides that I like to crochet and I keep attempting to teach myself to knit but I'm horrible at it. And I guess I like to draw or doodle. Basically anything that will give me a creative outlet.

16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Wait. You can shop for things besides books? :P Um for real though I guess I love finding cool bookmarks? But those are still pretty bookish so um...candles? Eh I have no idea. I'm so boring!

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
The Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At the Disco

But really if anything from either Panic or Fall Out Boy were to come on I'd be dancing around and singing at the top of my lungs.

18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
Since Hollywood is forever dashing all of my faith in them with adaptations I'll go the other way and say I would love for Downton Abbey to be a book. I love me some Historical Romance and I think a Downton Abbey series would just be delicious!

19. What would your dream library look like?
Okay this was a dangerous question because I just lost myself on Google. Sigh. But I found a few pics of what I would love to have in my house.






20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Cassandra Clare. I read both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices this year and I'm pretty obsessed. She is my new queen of everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment