Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekly Haul #39


Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's basically a way in which we get to show off the lovely new goodies we got over the past week/month however you decide to do it.


So my plan has been to try to back off from everything, book hoarding wise that is, for the next couple of months since Christmas is just around the corner and teenagers, at least mine, are freaking expensive! But only days after making that declaration to myself...I ended up buying 3 books. I have no control! But that's it! I'm not doing another book haul post until the end of December because I'm backing off from getting review books too.

I can do this! I am stronger than the books! *Chants over and over*

I'll probably end up with an hour long post on the 28th of December but oh well haha. I've finished reading my last review book today as I'm typing this up and it feels AWESOME to have the freedom to pick something I want and not feel any guilt about not getting stuff done. *Deep cleansing breath* Time to rock some Mistborn ass among tons of other stuff I plan to get done over the holidays. But let's get to them books I caved for shall we?


(Click on the covers to go to their Goodreads pages)


Review:

 photo NoPromisesRequired_zpsb703750b.jpg

No Promises Required (Love Required #4) by Cari Quinn
Thanks to Entangled Publishing for the review copy!


Bought:


TheGirlOfFireAndThorns-M photo TheGirlofFireandThornsM_zps96e38488.jpg


The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1) by Rae Carson
So my enabler friend Jessica over at Lovin' los libros sent out a tweet the other day saying hey everyone who hasn't read this it's only $1.99 right now...but of course at the end she had to tag both myself and Wendy from Book Scents as kind of like a *hint hint* type of a thing. What's a girl to do but instantly go 1-click? :) I was pretty surprised I didn't own this one already though. Weird!

'Tis the Season to be Kissed by Amy Andrews
The first book I read by this woman knocked my socks off so when I saw her post about this holiday read she published last year I couldn't resist. It's novella length so by the time you're reading this I'll probably have already read it and try to squeeze it in real quick before I get into the more heavy reading I have planned. Eep! Excited :D


Freed-M photo FreedM_zpsd81274a1.jpg

Love, in English (LIE #1) by Karina Halle
I have heard SO MANY wonderful things about this book and some early hype about the next book Love, in Spanish and so I've been dying to get my hands on it for a while now. It was, as of Friday at least when I'm writing this, only $0.99 so I made it mine!!

Freed (Club Sin #4) by Stacey Kennedy
Finally a new Club Sin book! Aslkdhakjsd! I'm highly intrigued by the fact that the couple focused on in this book are a bit older, in their 50s I think I saw Stacey Kennedy mention somewhere? I'm excited though to know more of Mary's story.


Nocte-M photo NocteM_zps03f7f305.jpg

Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1) by Courtney Cole
I saw a tweet from Courtney Cole a few weeks ago mentioning this sort of secret project (I think..) she'd been working on and that she was finally able to share  the summary. Intrigued, I clicked the link and I was instantly fascinated so I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'm excited!



So that's it for all of my awesome this week! What are you adding to your shelves this week? Leave me a link so I can come visit your blogs! I hope everyone has a great week :)




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pick with The Girl of Fire and Thorns. It's a really fantastic fantasy series. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheheheheheheh. Enabler! That's me!!! I love it! :D I'm so excited for you to start it! And GO YOU for finishing up your review books! I am jealous! LOL. I think I'm going to use some bday GC's on Nocte and Love, in English myself.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, right! those kindle deals are the worst! Thank goodness I already had it. :) I also have love, in english and am so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete