Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #59



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is...

Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors

Really? ... REALLY? ... Sigh. Okay there's going to be all sorts of genres mixing here today on the blog.  This is so hard! I'm kind of freaking out right now! Okay. I can do this. I think...



Robert Jordan

Fantasy is what I am most passionate about and nobody can touch the late Robert Jordan for me.


Jennifer L. Armentrout

I cannot get enough of this woman's books! Paranormal, contemporary, mythology she can write it all and write the hell out of it!


Dean Koontz

I seriously love this man's dark and twisted mind. I haven't picked up one of his books in years, which when I started coming up with names to add to this post, really hit me and made me kind of sad. I used to only read books by him and I think making time for more of his books in my life is long, long overdue!


Julia Quinn

Like the person above, I went through a period of time where all I read were historical romance novels by Julia Quinn and only Julia Quinn. She creates these brilliant and funny characters that are just so easy to love. I also love that her books are funny and witty and more about the sexual tension than just filled with sex, sex, sex. Which happens from time to time with historicals. (Oh who am I kidding? With all books!)


Richelle Mead

I was so tempted to just say "She created Adrian Ivashkov" and leave it at that haha. But really though, her world building along with her characters is just brilliant.


Rachel Harris

I have read every single Rachel Harris book available at the time of this post. I have loved every single Rachel Harris book available at the time of this post. She's brilliant and sweet and I just adore her!


Tiffany King

One of these days I'm going to be able to say everything I said for Rachel Harris for Tiffany King as well. I haven't read everything she's written yet, and I do mean yet, but I am working on it because her books are fun and give me all the feels. Love Tiffany!


Joya Ryan

Joya has recently become a favorite of mine. I cannot stress enough how amazing her characters are! She creates these people that make you wish you could pull them out of their books and be friends with them in real life. Plus she is seriously one of the nicest people on the planet.


Colleen Hoover

If Colleen Hoover writes it you can bet your ass that eventually I am gonna read it. I devoured the Slammed series and let her rip my heart out and stomp all over it with Hopeless and Losing Hope. She's just freaking brilliant! Brilliant I say!


Jessica Sorensen

When doing this post and browsing through my shelves, both virtual and physical, the one major thing I discovered was that Jessica Sorensen was a favorite author pre-blogging days, yet I haven't read anything by her since I started. Well, maybe more like since I started taking it seriously and wasn't shy about putting myself out there. That bothers me! She's a favorite!! I keep allowing myself to get caught up in the world of review books and the new shiny books and authors. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I can't keep letting myself forget about the people who inspired my binge reading passions long before all of this. In other words... there may be a lot of me reading her books coming up in the future. No there will be. I'll make the time ;)


So I know that I've left so many freaking amazing authors out, which sucks. I was tempted to do an honorable mentions section but I couldn't put just one or two I'd end up with fifty! (Okay maybe that's a slight exaggeration.) It was super hard to even narrow it down to just the ten right here! So what authors made it to your list? I'll probably be kicking myself as I visit your posts!




5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...lots of these are new-to-me. Love that!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thannya @My Lovely SecretApril 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM

    OMG! I can't believe I wasn't the only one who mentioned Robert Jordan. I just love his work. His death was so sad - the reason I haven't found courage to finish reading The Wheel of Time series. May Robert Jordan rest in piece.

    Happy readings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderApril 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM

    I haven't read many of the authors mentioned in your post this week, so I now have a few new authors to explore!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. "She created Adrian Ivashkov" is a perfectly legit reason to love Richelle Mead. HE'S BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally forgot about Dean Koontz! What a great writer. Man... I haven't read anything by him in ages either.

    ReplyDelete