Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #36



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke andthe Bookish!


This week's topic is...

Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit

When I think about books that will get me in the Halloween spirit,  I start trying to think of books that will scare me or at the very least freak me out and get my pulse pounding. So this list is going to be complied of all my favorite books from the one man who does that flawlessly each and every time. I've been obsessed with his books since I was a teenager and he never disappoints me. You're probably thinking I'm going to say Stephen King aren't you? While, yeah, he writes some damn good books, my easily scared heart has me reaching for someone else to freak it out! Dean freaking Koontz. He's brilliant and these are a ten of my all time favorite Koontz books!

(Click on the covers to go to their Goodreads pages!)


One:


This was the book that started my love affair for all things Dean Koontz. Funny enough it was all because my teenage self was crushing hard on Corey Haim (If that doesn't age me I don't know what will I bet 90% of you are like "who??" RIP Corey) But I watched every movie that he was in like a loyal fangirl and one was a movie called Watchers. The movie may have been somewhat cheesy but this book is anything but.


Two:



Three:



Four:



Amazing series!


Five:



Six:



Seven:



Actually this one was turned into a pretty good movie not too long ago. Ever watch Scrubs? The guy who played Dr. Cox? He plays one awesome psychopath! 

Eight:



Nine:



Ten:



All of these are so, so good. The only thing I have accomplished in typing up this post is given myself the strong desire to throw any sort of schedule I have out the window and just have a Dean Koontz read-a-thon. It may happen people!


Bonus:

The one movie that I have to watch every year that always gets me in the spirit without fail

 photo NightmareBeforeChristmas_zpsw40ivnyi.gif


Tim Burton is so...he's just...there are no words. Crazy talented. Heavy on the crazy haha!


So what kind of list did you come up with this week? Leave me your links! This is my favorite time of year and I can't wait to see what you guys have thrown together!! :)



1 comment:

  1. I've never read dean koontz! i don't read much horror though? thrillers, yes, but it depends. haha i'm a mood reader. Ohhhh nightmare before christmas!! I love it! i listened to the soundtrack to it just this past weekend :)

    ReplyDelete