Author: Jamie McGuire
Publisher: Atria Books
Published: July 12th 2012
Format: eBook | Pages: 285
Genre: YA/NA, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction
Source: Purchased (B&N)
★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!!
Jamie McGuire | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Travis Fucking Maddox...
Seriously, Look out book boys because Travis Maddox snuck his way to the top of the book boyfriend list. I love me a bad boy and ladies they don't get any badder than Travis. I'm not kidding! What? You need proof?
1. Gorgeous bod (Okay not proof I just want to point that out..)
2. Said body is covered in tattoos (You had me at tattoos...)
3. He's a total man-whore, no for real a girl leaving his apartment said she'd leave her number on the counter. His response was "Eh...don't worry about it." (Okay that doesn't look good but still...)
4. He rides a Harley! (I'm not big on bikes but isn't this like bad boy requirement? Yep.)
5. He's in an underground fight club type thing. And he hasn't lost yet! Come on!! You're killing me here. (Hella sexy...)
All that and yet, hell yes I still have it bad for Travis Maddox *Sigh* And seriously...who'd have thought Pigeon would be like one of the cutest nicknames ever. I swear if I had heard it anywhere else I'd have probably been thinking you're joking right? But nope it's adorable as all hell.
Oh wait there's more to the book than Travis... Sorry I got a bit distracted and obsessive. Anyway!
This freakin' book turned me into a total wreck. Honestly, I thought something might be wrong with me. If I wasn't grinning like an idiot with every page I read, then I was either down right angry or on the verge of tears/bawling like an insane woman. I had to put it down and walk away a few times because parts of it just tore me apart and I couldn't take anymore. It's just. That. Good.
It has a very well rounded out cast of characters. Besides Travis and Abby, I simply adored America and Shepley. They were a perfect addition and I grew to care for them just about as much as Travis and Abby. They had many funny, comic relief type moments as well as some drama of their own.
This book has so many ups and downs and it's worth every minute of the emotional ride that it takes you on. One I will most definitely be reading over and over through the years to come.
And now... I get to go bask in the heavenly glory that is Travis Maddox in Walking Disaster. THANK YOU Simon & Schuster and NetGalley!!! *Dances*