Friday, July 12, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day #5



It's Day #5!! In the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. You can find out more about it at Good Books and Good Wine

Recommend a tear jerker.

My gut instinct for today's topic was to pretty much go for any Colleen Hoover book, namely Hopeless or Losing Hope. Both insane on the emotions scale. But let's face it, those are probably going to be popular picks and I want to throw something different into the ring. So I was shuffling through my "Favorites" shelf on Goodreads and something that I'd forgotten all about jumped out at me. So if you're looking for a great emotional read:









Thirteen Reasons Why
by Jay Asher


Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.


Very powerful. Something I wish everyone would at least attempt to read


4 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I got goosebumps reading the synopsis for this one. I don't know if my heart could handle it but it is definitely going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. oh no oh no. I read what it's about and my heart just dropped. =(!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin @ Pursuit of Good ReadsJuly 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

    I've been seeing this book in the bookstore for years, and I always pass it up because I just don't know if I am ready for this tearjerker! Coincidentally, I ran into a friend today who recommended it and offered to loan me her copy. Seeing your post confirms everything she said. Adding to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a sad book! It's been a long time since I've read it, but I remember feeling really blown away.

    ReplyDelete