Thursday, February 26, 2015

Swoon Thursday #41


Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:


The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)
by Richelle Mead

With a few swift steps, Adrian stood in front of me again. The wall was only a couple of inches behind me, and I had nowhere to go. He made no threatening moves, but he did clasp my hands and hold them to his chest while leaning down to me.

"No, you will listen. For once, you're going to hear something that doesn't fit into your neat, compartmentalized world of order and logic and reason. Because this isn't reasonable. If you're terrified, believe me―this scares the hell out of me, too. You asked about Rose? I tried to be a better person for her―but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I'm around you, I want to be better because...well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you're like...like light made into flesh. I said it on Halloween and meant every word: you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth. And you don't even know it. You have no clue how beautiful you are or how bright you shine."


I think I died right there. What are you swooning over this week?




1 comment:

  1. OMG the end of this book nearly killed me. I was in a fit of swoons and then I was mad. LOL.

    ReplyDelete