Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekly Haul #71



Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's basically a way in which we get to show off the lovely new goodies we got over the past week/month however you decide to do it.

This haul was actually going to be in two parts with one posting last week. And you can see how well that happened. I'm such a fail blogging/bookish person lately that I forgot to hit publish.  

Anyway.

The big lesson to learn from this post is insomnia + a credit card + BookOutlet = a very bad idea. Very, very bad. Very bad.

 photo Facepalm01_zpsieapwtzd.gif

I know Dean! I know. As if I needed to really add more books to my shelves before I had a chance to reorganize the ever growing pile that already exists. Sigh. Let's just get on with it shall we?


 photo AshleyBell_zps7zdls804.jpg

Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz
If you haven't seen me say it before I have been a big Dean Koontz fan for what seems like forever. I found him in my late teens, early 20s and I went through a thriller period where all I read were Dean Koontz books for years. No joke. So self imposed ARC requesting ban or not, I saw his name and didn't even read what it's about (I still have no idea) I simply rushed to put in a request on NetGalley. I'm so excited!!! Dean Koontz is just freaking brilliant. HUGE thanks to Bantam for the approval on this one you guys rock!


 photo AbbyAndTheCuteOne_zpscc1yfq3k.jpg

Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass #5) by Erin Butler
So this one is kind of a gamble but I really wanted to close out the series since I've already read the first 4 books. I adored the first 2, the 3rd one was extremely iffy for me and basically a flop, however it kind of picked up with book 4. Hopefully Erin Butler can bring this series to a good close though I've never read any of her books so I have no idea what to expect. *Fingers crossed* Thanks to Entangled Publishing for this one :)





 photo SomeGirlsDo_zpsobgyyoyr.jpg photo SomeGirlsDont_zpsllefuloe.jpg

Some Girls Do | Some Girls Don't (Outback Heat #1-2) by Amy Andrews
Because...Amy Andrews. That is all. Put a small dent in book 1 so far trying to squeeze bits and pieces in when I can between ARCs and I'm really liking it! I expected no less.


BookOutlet Haul:






Winger (Winger #1) by Andrew Smith


Tandem (Many-Worlds #1) by Anna Jarzab

Gated (Gated #1) by Amy Christine Parker


There's actually 1 more book that I didn't include because I threw the wrong book from a series into my cart and got a book I already owned. Thankfully it was only .99 cents! I guess that's lesson number 2 for the insomnia/credit card/BookOutlet lesson book!




 photo GirlWalksIntoABar_zps7mgjsbia.jpg

Girl Walks Into a Bar...: Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle
Written and Narrated by Rachel Dratch

As I was browsing through different memoirs on Audible along the bottom they have that "Customers who bought this also bought" section and I saw this book and I remember Rachel Dratch from SNL. She was always so quirky and odd in this funny and endearing way and so I listened to the sample and was hooked.



So that's it for me this week!
(Well technically the last 2 weeks but...yanno...)

I hope you all have a great week!
Kick Monday's ass tomorrow ;)

What have you added to your shelves lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment