Thursday, August 7, 2014

Swoon Thursday #25



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:



Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout



"I like to watch you blush." His voice barely above a murmur as his thumb traced circles on my cheek.

He lowered his head, resting his forehead against mine. We sat like that, the two of us, caught in something that hadn't been there before. I think I stopped breathing. My heart seemed to take several stuttered steps then freeze, anticipation welling up through me, threatening to spill over in any given second.

I didn't even like him. He didn't like me. This was insane, but it was happening.

Lightening struck again, this time much closer. The following snap of thunder didn't even startle us. We were in our own world. And then his crooked smile slipped from his face. His own eyes were confused and desperate, but still searching mine.

Time seemed to slow, every second stretching out before me, tantalizing and torturing every breath I took. Waiting, wanting to show him whatever he was looking for as his eyes darkened to a deep green. His face strained, as if he were waging an internal battle. Something in his eyes made me feel very unsure.

I knew the second he made up his mind. He took a deep breath and his beautiful eyes closed. I felt his breath against my cheek, slowly moving to my lips. I knew I should pull back. He was bad, bad news. But my own breath caught in my throat. His lips were so close to mine, I desperately wanted to meet him halfway, to rush forward to test if his lips were as pillow soft as they looked.

This book and Daemon still get to me, no matter how many times I've read it. The tension and the build up are so freaking intense at times, in my opinion, that I just want to grab Katy and Daemon by the backs of their heads and push their faces together as I scream "Just. Freaking. Kiss. Already!!!" Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Loving revisiting this series! :)


What are you swooning over this week?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment