Monday, September 1, 2014

REVIEW: Jet (Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover

Title/Series: Jet | Marked Men #2
Author: Jay Crownover
Published: May 28th 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Format: eBook | Pages: 416
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Amazon
(4/5) Stars!!

Jay Crownover | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


I went into this one full of assumptions. I started it already loving Ayden, yet not sure what to think of Jet. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't as excited to read this one as I was the rest. I had a feeling I'd like it but I wouldn't love it. I figured at some point Jet was going to let me down. Well you know what they say about assumptions...

She was a girl who wanted things in life I was never going to be able to give her.

Like I said I went into this book initially really liking Ayden Cross from reading Rule and Shaw's book. She's Shaw's best friend and was her roommate so we get to know her a bit before starting this one. Ayden was always real protective and sweet and caring when it came to Shaw. Ayden has secrets though and a past that she's trying to escape. Which is eventually what had me quite annoyed with her. She was so focused on what she didn't want to be anymore that she let it consume her every action and she pushed people away. For most of the book she wasn't ever really herself outwardly. She would project to everyone she cared about this image of being good and perfect and yet inside her head was just a mess. She kinda brought this book down for me personally. I really think I would have given this book 5 stars had Ayden not been stuck in her own head so much to the point it hurt those around her.

He didn't have to flirt or try to be charming, not with a grin wicked enough to promise so much more than a fantastic time.

Jet Keller, that boy surprised the hell out of me. He was for the most part still a mystery to me. But I was ready to assume the worst. Bad boy in a metal band I just figured at some point this guy is going to screw up and then I'm going to be pissed and disappointed in him. Yet every time this guy had an opportunity to prove me right...he didn't. He surprised me at every turn of the page. He was sneaky and stole my heart without me even noticing. Even though I've been crushing on Rome since I started this series, Jet can really give him a run for his money when it comes to my affections.

This was the family I had always wanted.

As I stated in the review for book one and I'm sure for each subsequent book, I think one of the biggest high points, the thing that appeals most to me in this series, is the group dynamic. This family they've created. Each book you read you get to see bits and pieces of the entire group. Half of the guys work together at the tattoo shop, the girls, that we've met so far, are all super close as well. It's just fun because even if we're done with one couple's story we still get to see new milestones and events happening for them in the new stories. For this book specifically it was awesome to see more of Cora and Rowdy, I am really looking forward to his book coming up. And also to finally get to meet Asa, I have high hopes for him. 

This man, who was all metal and tattoos that bled out anger and frustration, really had the softest and kindest heart I had ever encountered in my life.

So yes Ayden did bug me quite a bit in this book but she goes through a lot of hard stuff and I still ended up liking her in the end. And Jet that guy had me in tears on more than one occasion. His back story and the things he go through in this book hurt my heart. He totally makes this book worth reading and has made it a close second of favorite books in the series, just barely behind Rome. If you haven't read the Marked Men series I highly recommend them because you are missing out!!



Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment