Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #33


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This weeks topic is...

Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read

Even though, for one reason or another, each one of the books on this list ripped out my heart and stomped all over it and I had to struggle through tears to read them, some of them more so than the others, I love them all very much. Sure they were hard to read but something in each one made them worth all the heartache for me. Sometimes all I want is a book that puts me through the emotional wringer. These were perfect for that.
(Click the covers to go to their Goodreads pages)

One:


Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

I still get chills just thinking about this one. I currently have goosebumps just from trying to take a moment to put down my one reason why this book touched me so much. I mean it deals with the tough issues of bullying and suicide in a way that makes this story both haunting and beautiful. Awesome. I'm tearing up. Moving on!


Two:



Hopeless (Hopeless #1) | Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) - Colleen Hoover

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I can't even. Losing Hope most especially.


Three:


Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) - Mia Sheridan

10 months. That's how long it took me to read this one. 10 freaking months. I kept having to put it down and then try to restart it again. So much love for this book.


Four:

 photo TheFaultInOurStars_zpscc340008.jpg

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

I'm pretty sure this one had a lot of people shaking in their boots before they finally picked it up and gave in just like me. It was so hard and beautiful and just....everything. So glad I read it.


Five:


Making Faces - Amy Harmon

I cried so much with this book. For so many different reasons. One of the major ones was because of a secondary character. You fall in love with everyone in this book and yes, there is a lot of loss but it's absolutely beautiful and ugh I need to move on again because now I'm about to cry just thinking about the characters! Sigh.


Six:


Left Drowning - Jessica Park

I found this one on NetGalley back in 2013 and I thought the title was brilliant and it had my attention so I requested it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I'm so glad that I did. A lot of messed up and broken people in this book. Such a good storyline. Just thinking about it makes me feel the urge to have a reread as soon as possible.


Seven:

 photo BeforeIFall_zpsa75db67b.jpg

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver

I always think of this one as being like a very, very dark version of a favorite old comedy of mine Groundhog Day. Except unlike Bill Murray who relives the same day of his life over and over and eventually turns himself into a better person in a very comical way, Samantha relives the day she dies over and over, 7 times. It's gets hard when it really hits you that no matter what, even though there are some things that she fixes the one thing she won't be able to fix is her death. So sad yet I loved it. Don't go all, "omg spoiler Sheri!" on me you can learn every single thing I said just from reading the blurb.


Eight:


Easy (Contours of the Heart #1) - Tammara Webber

While this one only brushes on some heavy issues it's still a tearjerker. And I love how the main character empowers herself instead of staying a victim. I really need to read Lucas' book now.


Nine:


Real (Real #1) - Katy Evans

Oh Remy, my beautiful broken boy. He's the one to blame for how emotional this book made me. I fell hard for this guy. The need I feel right now to reread this book...


Ten:


Torn (Torn #1) | Twisted (Torn #2) - K.A. Robinson

Great big hot mess. I really do mean that in a good way. I got both of these through NetGalley back in 2013 and it was cover love at first sight. These books were crazy and they toyed with my emotions so much. I loved the characters but they were so messed up and screwed up so much it just got really hard to read at times. I still enjoyed them both a lot and plan to eventually finish the series, but they both left me so emotionally drained after that I'd just have to sit there and wonder, "What the hell was that?!"


*****


So that's it! These are the books that have been the hardest for me to read up to this point. Even typing up and formatting this post made me tear up and even cry a bit just from thinking about them. Have you read any of these? What books did you find difficult to read? Post your links for me :)


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment