Monday, February 29, 2016

The Monday Musts #07 [The Sculptor, Panic! and Fuller House]



The Monday Musts is a new feature created by Jessica from Lovin' los libros where we share with you each week all the musts you're missing out on. The must reads, the must listens, and the must sees (This can be ANYTHING that catches our eye. Other blogs, bookish things, pictures, etc)




Here's the thing. I've felt this very strong need lately to really branch out and grab things that are out of my usual normal. Maybe even out of my comfort zone or at the very least straddling that line. Which is something I plan to start incorporating very soon. (I think I just heard my debit card sobbing and begging me to stay off of BookOutlet. We'll see how that works!)

Anyway. This definitely wasn't one of those kinds of reads for me but it was my first graphic novel when all I've read in the past are straight comics. So for people who might be thinking "Oh I'd love to give a graphic novel a try but I have no idea where to start" Well I'm definitely not the expert to give advice on such a thing but in my opinion this would be a great start. Now it is almost 500 pages but trust me I read it in less than a day. The story is captivating, the artwork is beautiful and it totally annihilated my feels!

This was probably my most favorite read of 2015.




Artist: Panic! at the Disco
Album: ALL OF THEM
Favorite Song(s): Girls/Girls/Boys | This is Gospel | Death of a Bachelor | Emperor's New Clothes

In my lineup of top 3 musical groups of all time Panic! would actually come in at second. I think the next two weeks I'll do both my first and third favorites as well. But the last few weeks I've been on a major Panic! kick (currently listening as I type up this post) so I figured I'd throw this one up first.  I'm usually partially deaf by the end of the day after listening nonstop so....what?


Plus Brendon Urie = everything 



and just because he's so freaking sexy...




and because I want the camera to drop at 0:52, 1:48, 2:03 and 2:56... don't judge me


I swear I'm done. This won't ever happen again.

I think this post took way too deep of a turn into my psyche...

Just don't look me in the eyes for a few days.

*Ahem*

Yeah...so my 19 year old walked by as I was doing "research" for this post with this last video and all he could  say is "holy crap mom!" and laugh and walk away as I turned 50 shades of red. Sigh. I feel so dirty!




So when I threw this post together in the middle of last week I had something else entirely for this section which I'm now going to save for next week instead. Here's the thing. Full House...was my childhood. I know it's cheesy and silly and like I don't even care. I loved that show. I still catch it on Nickelodeon on occasion. So Friday when Fuller House hit Netflix...I was all over that. I completely binged the first season. 

Guys....I freaking love it! I was so scared because you're taking this iconic show, this thing that, like I said, was my childhood. I mean what if they messed it up? No need to worry there!

So if you're a lover of Full House like I am and haven't watched Fuller House yet or have been on the fence about giving it a shot then I say go for it! Give it a try! I laughed so hard and it even made me cry twice!

Fuller House guys! 




So what are some of your musts this Monday? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment