Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday Musts #11 [Moses, Morocco, Classic]



The Monday Musts is a new feature created by Jessica from Lovin' los libros where we share with you each week all the musts you're missing out on. The must reads, the must listens, and the must sees (This can be ANYTHING that catches our eye. Other blogs, bookish things, pictures, etc)



Are you like me sometimes? Do you need a book occasionally that will totally wreck you? Look no further. The Law of Moses completely and utterly wrecked me. It's beautiful and tragic and so full of heart it's unreal.


So my song for this week is another one I have thanked my kiddo for introducing me to.

T: Okay so I have a new band/song for you. But..they have a weird name...

Me: Okay...

T: Just trust me okay?

Me: Don't I always?

And then this song happened...
(The video is weird I'm watching it for the first time now. Ignore it the song is SO GOOD!)

Artist: Moon Taxi
Song: Morocco


I still haven't gone further and listened to more of Moon Taxi because my obsession with this song has not yet died down. Seriously I could listen to this forever. Like I hear the opening beats and it puts me in a happy mood! Loving. It.


I have been on such a classic movie kick for the last week. I added so many classics/musicals to my Netflix DVD queue it isn't even funny. Of course my mom is loving it as well because she steals them from me haha. So this week I'll go with my favorite. I swear I was born in the wrong era most days. When I was growing up I had such a crush on Gene Kelly. So it's not surprise that one of my favorite classics is:


My favorite scene (oh to be Debbie Reynolds):

Sigh.

I need to get that DVD because it was painful sending it back to Netflix this weekend :(

On an UNhumorous note, when my brother brought this to me to switch it out for the other DVD I had for my mom he looks at the envelope and sees the date it was released (1952) and says "Hey isn't that the year you were born?" with an evil grin. Funny guy! I didn't beat him up enough when we were kids obviously.


So what musts have you got this week?

Happy Monday everyone!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment