Thursday, April 25, 2013

REVIEW: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1) by Abbi Glines

Title/Series: The Vincent Boys | The Vincent Boys #1
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: October 30th 2012
Format: Paperback | Pages: 259
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Purchased B&N
★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!

Abbi Glines | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

Get seduced by a sizzling account of attraction and betrayal in this previously self-published phenomenon. 


There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly?

Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.

Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.

Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist...


 

I hate this phrase to my very core. It's so cheesy and ridiculous. But there are no other words to be said after finishing this. Everything about this book, the story, the cover, Beau Vincent...everything...rocked my freakin world. I've been all over the place with books lately. Some dystopia, some paranormal and lots and lots of contemporary. But everything has been more on the young adult side of it lately. The sweet love. The tamer love. Which has been great I've read some really good books. But I needed something more. I needed a bad boy. And lord have mercy I found one.

Ashton and Beau have this uncontrollable attraction and explosive chemistry. It made for an irresistible love story that I found impossible to put down. I swear the more they tried to fight it and do right by Sawyer the steamier things got. It left me completely breathless quite a number of times. My one problem with this book? The fact that the day AFTER I bought it an extended and uncut version came out. I'm so not kidding. The. Very. Next. Day. Ahhh! Seriously though it'll be worth it to buy that one too because I definitely need another Beau fix. Geez I feel and sound like a heroin addict. Ha!

This was truly book perfection in my eyes. There was a sweet, sweet love story. Hot and steamy attraction. The gut wrenching sadness when everything crashes down around all three of them. The power of forgiveness and unconditional love and support. No matter what they all went through. And it was so well written. This was the first Abbi Glines book I've made it through and I've immediately become a fangirl. I know! I know. I'm late to the party. Forgive me.


I'm sort of nervous moving on to Vincent Brothers though. I wasn't a very big fan of Sawyer's in this book. I mean don't get me wrong he had his moments where he was a pretty great guy. He just wasn't Beau. I liked Lana though and she deserves something great. So when I do read it, it will be mostly for her and I'm sure Sawyer will grow on me eventually. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy them at the same time though. I need a bit of a breather before I jump into his story. But if it's even a smidge like this one was I'm sure I'll be blown away. Again.


8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the cover so I'm not sure this is my cup of tea ! Putting that aside whenever I see 5 stars I'm interested. Glad you loved it so much :-)

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if you're not into the cover then it probably won't wind up being a book for you. It's kind of a taste of what you're in for. So go with your gut on this one. I don't expect everyone will like the things that wow me (I'm used to them not haha!) But thanks for taking the time to stop and comment even if it wasn't your type of book!! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this one! Was certainly steamy and I really liked Ashton and Beau, was shipping them all through it! I've heard The Vincent Brothers isn't as good so I haven't bothered to read it yet but will someday, looking forward to hearing what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you did too! And I was as well, I think had it not ended like it did...I probably would've thrown it out the window in a fit of rage. (Thankfully we'll never know ha!) I haven't heard anything about The Vincent Brothers and haven't really looked at reviews yet I'm not really in a hurry. Ash and Beau have me pretty satisfied in the love department to hold me over for a while.

      And I look forward to what you think if you ever get to it as well :D Thanks Danielle!

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting this book forever!!!! I've just been too cheap to buy it. But after that review... I think I'll buy it for my beach trip in June!! (I'm trying to save all my NA reads for the beach, LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh that's such a good idea Jessica! And if that's the case you HAVE to add this to your beach reads. It's perfect! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I"m so glad you loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie haha me too! I swear Abbi Glines has become my contemporary romance queen!

      Delete