Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Ultimate Reading Challenge

So I've been seeing this challenge from Popsugar around a lot the last week and I thought it would be very interesting to attempt to see how many of these I can work my way through! Some of these are going to be tough. I'm up for a challenge though!! The ones that I already know what book I'm going to use I'll list below. If they're blank, or any of them that do not have ** next to them for that matter, feel free to throw suggestions into the comments. The ** ones are  the ones I absolutely want to read so I'm sticking with those. I'll gladly take suggestions!! :) Thanks in advance. So here's what I've come up with so far!


A book with more than 500 pages
**Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time #6) by Robert Jordan - 1011 pages

A classic romance
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

A book that became a movie
**Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

A book published this year
**A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas

A book with a number in the title
**A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray

A book written by someone under 30


A book with nonhuman characters


A funny book
**Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton

A book by a female author
DONE 01/02 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin 

A mystery or thriller
**Watchers by Dean Koontz

A book with a one-word title
**Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers

A book of short stories


A book set in a different country


A nonfiction book


A popular author's first book


A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet


A book a friend recommended
**Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher 

A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
**The Road by Cormac McCarthy - This was gonna be a maybe but my teenager pulled it out of his closet and was like "It's SO GOOD" and I was like "...you own a book?! :D :D :D" Haha! Now I have to read a book that actually made T read it. *Shocked*

A book based on a true story


A book at the bottom of your to-read list


A book your mom loves
**Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas #1) by Dean Koontz

A book that scares you
Effortless (Thoughtless #2) - Yes this really does scare me. 

A book more than 100 years old
Emma by Jane Austen - 200 years

A book based entirely on its cover


A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

A memoir
**Coming Out to Play by Robbie Rogers

A book you can finish in a day


A book with antonyms in the title


A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit


A book that came out the year you were born
**'Salem's Lot by Stephen King - Yes...I'm old haha

A book with bad reviews
Towering by Alex Flinn

A trilogy
**The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner

A book from your childhood
**James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

A book with a love triangle


A book set in the future


A book set in high school


A book with a color in the title
**Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy #1) by Pierce Brown

A book that made you cry


A book with magic


A graphic novel
Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Writer), Fiona Staples (Artist)

A book by an author you've never read before


A book you own but have never read


A book that takes place in your hometown
**What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor - Kind of a stretch it's set on an island just across from us BUT our town is mentioned twice in the book so it'll have to do :)

A book that was originally written in a different language


A book set during Christmas


A book written by an author with your same initials
S. B. ???

A play
**Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare 

A banned book
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger - It was hard to find a real reliable list of banned books but I saw this on a couple of them and it's one I actually own so if no better suggestions come my way I'll go for it.

A book based on or turned into a TV show
**The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) by Rob Thomas

A book you started but never finished
**Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L Armentrout - Not due to lack of liking it trust me. Stuff just kept getting in the way of finishing it.


My brain is too mushy right now and I really should be getting a review written so this is my list so far. I'll keep this updated and add to it as I go along. Like I said suggestions are both welcome and highly encouraged because some of these...I'm at a total loss. But I really want to do this challenge and totally mix it up this year reading wise. Are there any fun challenges you're going to tackle this year? Let me know because I'd like to see what else is out there! :)


5 comments:

  1. Man. Props to you for doing a challenge! I decided I wasn't doing any. Well GR, but I don't count it. Haha. You've got some good books on here that I'm hoping to read as well! Good luck chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book set during Christmas: Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher. (Not Christmas when it starts, but the bulk of it is set during the Christmas holidays.)

    I'm doing this challenge too, but modified to only do 25 of the requirements. I didn't list titles, though - I'm keeping my options open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lark! :) I just looked up Winter Solstice and it sounds really good!


    See I'm a huge list maker. Honestly I have 3 different notebooks on my desk...I don't always tend to STICK to my lists haha but I feel better knowing I've made them and have a fraction of a game plan. Good luck with you for the challenge! I doubt I'll make it through all of these myself but it'll be fun to try and let me really mix up my reading choices for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to one other one which will be easy peasy lemon squeezy. Wendy mentioned doing a series a month challenge and since I mostly want to read books that I already own this year i figure that one will work in my favor. But this one I doubt I'll hit each one haha...we'll see. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make a lot of lists, too, both on paper and on the computer... but this past year, I had a bunch of reading slumps when I felt too constrained by what I "had" to read. So this year I'm trying to keep things more flexible. I do have a list of 20 books that I definitely plan to read this year, though, so I should see which PopSugar requirements they fill!

    ReplyDelete