Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekly Haul #09



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Mod Podge Bookshelf and Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Both of which are ways for us to show off the lovely new goodies we got over the past week/month however you decide to do it. (Because let's face it, us bookish types love to drag everyone down with us. [Insert that "Buy All The Books" picture here!] it was too bright to add sorry lol)


This week, as if I'm not buried in books enough with my requesting craze on NetGalley a couple weeks ago..I decided to add more! I'm proud that I made it last week without getting ANYTHING. I made up for it in freebies and stuff this week though :(  What am I gonna do with me?

Let's do this!


Gifted:
I adore this author and I've read Zoo before (Freakin Awesome! My Review!) but I haven't read Exalted yet. She has recently revised both of these books and so I updated them. Like I said I haven't read Exalted I was waiting for the revised version but I'm excited to start it!
x Thank you Tara!

 photo Zoo_zpsea97485b.jpg photo ExaltedTE_zps19b29481.jpg




Exalted (Exalted #1) - Tara Elizabeth


Just a note before I list all of these...there were a lot of freebies or 99 centers that if I had even a twinge of interest I just downloaded because either way it was a huge bargain. So in no way am I saying they're going to be winners. It's a gamble. But I'm always willing to risk it because you never know when you're going to find the next book that knocks your socks off! :) 

*Also note that books may not still be at these prices. I've been piling them up so sorry if I get your hopes up!*

If you're lazy like me the easiest way to find all these free and super inexpensive books is through BookBub. You sign up, put in your preferences (format and genre), and I don't remember if there's a frequency option or not but I get a daily email that lists a bunch of book deals for the day with a description, and links on where to find the deal through Amazon, Barnes & Noble even Smashwords.

FREEBIES:


 photo EmberX_zpsff106dec.jpg photo Awakened_zps843da7c8.jpg photo MeantToBe_zps17dfe684.jpg photo Exiled_zps23e58de7.jpg


 Ember X (Death Collectors #1) (NA Version) - Jessica Sorensen



Exiled (The Protector #1) - M. R. Merrick




.99 Cents!


 photo ThatBoy_zps37241817.jpg photo StalkMe_zps45723c47.jpg photo KissMe_zps7e47bfd8.jpg photo DateMe_zpsd5a08844.jpg



That Boy (That Boy #1) - Jillian Dodd




(Thought I was going to miss the sale price. Yay me!)


 photo SharkBait_zps8f5b8c99.jpg photo SuddenlyRoyal_zpse5b75669.jpg photo ABeautifulLie_zps28d268d3.jpg






Non Sale (Still only 2.99!)


 photo TheAveryShawExperment_zpsdb3653df.jpg



Audible.com

Decided to try this out. I doubt I will keep the account. I just can't concentrate on audio books my brain either spaces out or starts thinking about anything and everything else. But you get a free credit for signing up and I'm enjoying this book so far. I'm going to have to get a physical copy and read it now though because I know I've probably spaced out on bits here and there. (Like I said due to my ADD brain not that the book is bad!)

 photo DaughterOfSmokeAndBone_zpsd87a4da7.jpg





NetGalley

 photo ThisGirl_zps4ce70b8f.jpg

This Girl (Slammed #3) - Colleen Hoover



And if you can believe it, there were still quite a few more freebies that I didn't want to post. They were a bit more on the....steamy side. :P

So that's what I got this week (minus the 3 or 4 physical copies I ordered which I'll get to put up next week!) I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I have enough books to last me a year in my TBR pile both physical and ebooks I already OWN. But I still buy TEN more for every ONE I finish! Help :( 

What did you add to your collection? Wait maybe you shouldn't tell me...I'll just wind up buying them :/ 

Haha :)



10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start Shark Bait! Suddenly Royal sounds cute too, I picked it up this week :) Congrats on the revamped blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked up so many great books this week! I don't know which one I'd start with, but Aphrodite's Kiss looks like it'll be really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem, Sheri. Between the bookcase (*case*, not shelf!) full of stuff I've picked up at library book sales over the last few years, freebies for my e-reader, and library books, I have more books in the house than I could read in 6 months (and more on my TBR list than I could read in several years.) But I keep requesting more ARCs... because they're authors I want to buy, or authors I want to try, or they just look really, really good.



    BTW, I picked up Suddenly Royal, too. Also the first book in Naomi Novik's Temeraire series (alternate history, with dragons. Very good!) But there aren't usually as many freebies in the Kobo store as there are for Nook or Kindle. That probably saves me from being even more inundated than I already am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Shark Bait was one I'd been seeing around for a few weeks here and there and something about it had me excited to read it so i can't wait as well. And thanks Danielle!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does! The superhero thing got me. Haven't really read anything superhero like so I'm very intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it seems everyone is getting Suddenly Royal so I had to jump on the bandwagon lol And good to know about the Temeraire series. I just doubled checked and I do have it marked as to read on Goodreads so I must've seen that somewhere. I'm slowly working my way through that list and buying things here and there lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Lots of bargains this week. Zoo looks really interesting and Suddenly Royal looks really cute. I've heard good things about This Beautiful Lie. Happy reading! Enjoy your new books!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it's getting to the point where I'm afraid to check my email. I may find more books to get O_O Thanks Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, you got a lot of great bargains! Two that really caught my eye is Smoke and Bone, I loved, and This Girl, which looks really good to me. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Smoke and Bone is good so far and I really like Colleen Hoover and Slammed has been sitting on my desk for a while. This just motivates me to start it sooner hehe :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete