Saturday, May 11, 2013

REVIEW: Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack

Title/Series: Losing It | Losing It #1
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: October 12th 2012
Format: eBook | Pages: 288
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Purchased at B&N
 ★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!

Cora Carmack | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. 


And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.



This book was everywhere at one point and so I looked it up and read the blurb. I nearly did a "spit take" over that last sentence. I knew I had to have this book so I bought it. And it's been sitting in my Nook for over 2 months. Just sort of forgot about it you know? It's easier to forget the eBooks hidden away in our readers.

I've had a rough couple weeks, reading wise and I needed something to break up the hair pull inducing monotony that I'd been reducing myself to. I had a feeling my Nook was going to save me so I started digging through. Saw Losing It and thought, "hey...I remember this. This book will save me!" Well I was hoping so anyway. And it did. It didn't just live up to my expectations though, it exceeded them.

For those of you who haven't quite yet broke into the New Adult genre, I honestly believe that this is the book to get you started. Loveable characters? Check. Bliss is hilarious and quirky and absolutely adorable. And Garrick....*sigh* he's got the one thing to make Sheri's book boyfriend list instantly. Yep, you've got it. He's British! But he's also sweet and passionate and he's just perfection.

A really good love story? Check. Not only is it filled with sweetness but is extremely sexy at the same time. Just the right amount of passion and steaminess. Need a quick example of what you're in for? Check out this past weeks Swoon Thursday of mine. It's from Losing It ;) Of course we can't have a love story that's easy. But not once did I ever feel like things wouldn't get better. There was no frustrating cliffhanger. It was just a breath of fresh air. One that I could read again and again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this book! I thought it was a little cheesy, but it was exactly what I needed at the time I read it. No horrible angst or drama, just a cute light read! And I loved Garrick- definitely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it less cheesy and more why can't it be meeeeeeee? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this the other day, hoping to start it this week and go straight into faking it! Glad you liked it! I've heard it's great

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute and laugh out loud funny, IMO. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete