Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #10


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is....

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun

I was playing around on Twitter...avoiding getting anything done. You know, a normal day. And I saw the lovely Jessica @ Lovin Los Libros mention she was trying to find books for this TTT and I thought..."Awww crap." No literally I did. I think I even said that to her. But back to the subject. I seriously don't normally do "light" I mean reading is fun in general so I've got that covered. But honestly most books I read have me crying. Ugly crying. I'm such a sucker. SO I'm following Jessica's advice and going through my Goodreads shelves. I'm bound to find 10 things that didn't smash my heart to a bajillion pieces. They won't all be "light" reads. But they'll be "Light" for me. Best I can do!

Let's do this..

(If I can stay away from Twitter that is...)


1. This is What Happy Looks Like - Jennifer E. Smith

This one popped out at me off my actual bookshelf. It was a very sweet kind of book. Though I felt the ending was left too open for my own personal taste, the fact still remains I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Especially all the emails back and forth. Cuteness overload there.



Two for two with me on books by Jennifer E. Smith. It's like she reached into my brain with this one and pulled an ultimate love fantasy out and called it a book. Sexy British guy as the love interest included! Well played Ms. Smith. Well played.


3. My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick

The sweetness that is Jase and Samantha cannot be put into words. This again was one where the ending had me a bit let down but honestly the rest of the book completely made up for it and didn't take away my love for it or the Garretts (especially little George. Cannot get enough of that little guy!)


 4. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins

Though I've never been very drawn to the idea of France, the whole overseas boarding school, foreign guy love story type thing (I have such a way with words I know. Don't be jealous) is an intriguing idea. This book did a pretty good job. It's cute and fun and sweet and ... once again... British boy. Plus don't you just want to say his name over and over and over? Étienne St. Clair...yeah *Siiiiiigh* :D


5. Being Henry David - Cal Armistead 

It does tug at the heart strings a bit but you can't help falling in love with Henry David. I could read this book again and again and even though it's her first and only book so far, it's put Cal Armistead on my auto-buy author list. She's let me know she's writing her next book just as fast as she can. I think I may have asked her to hurry to bring that on... (All in fun haha)


6. The Vincent Boys - Abbi Glines

My reasons? There are three;

1) Abbi Glines
2) That freaking cover
and MOST IMPORTANT
3. Beau freaking Vincent


Seriously want to eat that boy up. It's one of those made-me-cry-but-i-don't-give-a-crap-freaking-love-it-anyway kind of books.


7. Measuring Up - Nyrae Dawn

You can't not love this book. Period. It just makes you happy. I need a Tegan in my life. What am I saying, we ALL need a Tegan in our lives.


8. What A Boy Wants - Nyrae Dawn

This book was so much fun. Nyrae Dawn is so good at creating these amazing characters and Sebastian Hawkins is no exception. The Hook-Up Doctor will have you laughing and maybe even crying just a bit. But it's worth it. Such a fun read.


9. Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

 I couldn't go without including this. I've read the entire series, thus far, twice this year alone. This first one was probably the most light and fun out of them all, with Opal being the rage-inducing-wtf-are-you-kidding-me? Of the three. Hehe. But my list wouldn't be complete without a little Lux.


10. Losing It - Cora Carmack

 Oh man, I just finished this book last night (Sunday-ish) and IT. WAS. AWESOME. It was like perfect NA. We had a love story, it was sweet and sexy all at the same time. Funny and adorable female. Hot sexy British guy (Yep my favorite!). It didn't shred my heart to a million pieces and then sew it all together again. I mean stuff happens but never to that point where you feel like there's no hope whatsoever for these two. And it was FUNNY. Sorry it's all still so fresh in my brain and so I'm sort of fangirling here. The synopsis is enough to hook you alone. Definitely a must have for a list like this :)




So there you have it. Like I said, they're not all light by most people's standards but they fit in perfectly for mine. What do you grab for when you're in need of something fun and light? :)  


9 comments:

  1. Great list! We've read a few of these and have others on our TBR pile. Nyrae Dawn and Cora Carmack are towards the top of mine right now. Thank you for sharing.

    Top
    Ten Tuesday




    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all but 2 of Nyrae Dawn's books and I loved them all. Losing it was my first Cora Cormack but it will definitely not be my last. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVED Losing It, Obsidian, My Life Next Door, Anna and the French Kiss, and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. Haha, your list is so spot on with what I love to read! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I Love when that happens haha Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Anna on my list, too. I loved My Life Next Door and This is What Happy. I still need to read the Statistical Probability, but I have it checked out. Great list!

    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Anna and the French Kiss, and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight in my TBR list for so long, but I never actually get around reading them. I discarded the Lux series because a couple of friends told me it wasn't that good, but I think I'll check that one again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! Obsidian and Anna and the French Kiss are the only ones of these that I've read, but all the rest are on my TBR list! That's just kind of freaky!

    My TTT

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3 <3 <3 I feel super special right now that I got mentioned! :D Next week we should blow this Top Ten outta the water (Top Ten Books Dealing With Heavy Subject Matter)! I came SO close to adding Obsidian, but then didn't because Daemon pissed me off too much in the first book, ROFL. I need to read those Nyrae Dawn books, as well as the Abbi Glines' ones. AND the Jennifer Smith. SIGH. TOO MANY BOOKS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I haven't read a single one of these. I've got The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight on hold request at the library, though.

    ReplyDelete