Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekly Haul #10


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Mod Podge Bookshelf and Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Both of which are ways for us to show off the lovely new goodies we got over the past week/month however you decide to do it. (Because let's face it, us bookish types love to drag everyone down with us. [Insert that "Buy All The Books" picture here!] it was too bright to add sorry lol)


It was a mellow week here at Tangled Up In Books!
(I am such a geek ♥)

Let's do this...




Won:


Phoenix (Black City #2) - Elizabeth Richards
 
Yeah that's right...you heard me! I WON SOMETHING muahhahah..ha..ha?

*Ahem*...Anyway...
 
This was a Goodreads First Reads giveaway and I'd never heard of the series before but I have a fascination with phoenixes and that cover is just gorgeous. So I just clicked "enter" only to be surprised a few days ago with an email saying I'd won something. Me? That NEVER happens. THANK YOU PENGUIN GROUP!! Needless to say I just rushed to Amazon and ordered book one so I can enjoy this soon. Happy surprise..it's a Dystopian series. Squeeeeee! (I can say that...I just don't think I can pull it off typing it. Just forget you ever saw it. Yes? Yes.)



Bought:



Adorkable - Sarra Manning

With a name like that? I had to have it.


The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window - Kirsty Moseley

I have a feeling this book is going to stomp on my heart a little bit. It's okay I bought tissues as well :)



Sean Griswold's Head - Lindsey Leavitt

I have this weird thing with book names. Sometimes I'll pass up a book due to it and others I will pick up because of it. This was one of those that just grabbed me. And the blurb sounds great too!


Emancipating Andie - Priscilla Glenn

A couple weeks back when we were doing our "words" or "topics" that make us pick up/buy a book a few people said road trip and I was like yesssssss! This was linked a few times and I just had to have it!






On Loan:




Heat Flash - Taylor Anne

So the awesome Tara Elizabeth loaned me her copy of this from her Kindle (currently reading at the time of writing this it's really good so far!!) Thanks Tara!


 photo InhaleExhale_zps322cce76.jpg




Inhale, Exhale - Sarah M. Ross

Both Danielle and I succumbed to the peer pressure this weekend from Jessica about buying this book. I mean the constant guilt trips on Twitter had me in tears. Teehee I'm so funny.


Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) - Colleen Hoover

So I've had Slammed for a while and last week I grabbed This Girl off of NetGalley. There was a problem though... Kind of was missing a key middle ingredient here. Not anymore! Yay! Can't wait to start these :)





So that's it for my mini haul this week. I did win one other book so far from the Goodreads giveaways but it was a few days later so hopefully I'll be adding it to next weeks post. I'll keep you in suspense until then. I'm super excited for it though teehee! How was your week? :)




11 comments:

  1. PEER PRESSURE WINS!!! :D So excited for you to read it. And very nice on winning Phoenix!! I saw Emancipating Andie the other day and added it to my list- looks so cute! And of course I hope you LOVE the Slammed series. (I have a feeling you will!) Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of books this week. I've been wanting to read The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah me too! Two of my favorite elements. Boys sneaking in windows and it's gonna make me cry! (I must be slightly warped lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES EVERY TIME! I need to just purge through these NetGalley books I buried myself in so I can get to all these good books I REALLY REALLY want to read. *Puts on Game Face*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Congratulations on your Goodreads win. It's always so much fun when that happens! (It's been a while since I won one; I hope I get another soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Congrats on your win! I've been wanting to read Adorkable for forever. My library system doesn't seem like it's going to get a copy so I might have to break down and buy it. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I can't wait to read these as well. I hope you enjoy them : )

    my Book Haul and Blog Birthday international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmao ah yes the peer pressure! It was soooo difficult for Jessica to convince us ;) I really recommend Diary of a Crush by Sarra Manning, I'll be reviewing it soon, it was her first big success, published in a magazine over here like 15 years ago and has been repubbed. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it was definitely a nice surprise! :) Thanks and I hope you get another one soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a book hoarder lol I never think to go to the library to get books I've been wanting to read I'm always like "I MUST HAVE THIS!" Maybe I should get some help.... :D lol Thanks Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it was horrible. Diary of a Crush rushing off to go look that one up now. (Which I did and it has been added.) Thanks Danielle :D

    ReplyDelete