Thursday, May 2, 2013

Swoon Thursday #07



Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YA Bound. 
From the book we're currently reading or one we've just finished we're supposed to show you "what made me SWOON. What got my heart pounding, my skin tingling, and my stomach fluttering." So without further ado....

**Warning: This post contains bad words and...naughty subjects ;) You've been warned so continue at your own discretion!**

I have had a real roller coaster couple of weeks when it comes to books. They've either been so high on my liking scale that I go into a fangirl frenzy just thinking about them, or so very low that I just...I just can't. With only a couple of happy mediums, that didn't wow me, but left me happy...enough. But one of those highest of highs has given me a new author to adore. She is my new Contemporary Romance Queen...Abbi Glines. I thought about putting The Vincent Boys on here because I am head over heals for one Beau Vincent. [Insert Dreamy Sigh Here] But...I'm currently, at the time of writing this up, reading Fallen Too Far and Oh. My. Lord. The passage I just read....wow. I just have to share. I'm not yet a fan of Rush...I stress the YET!  He's still in that jerky boy phase and I'm waiting for him to wow me. But trust me...this got him a whole hell of a lot closer! ;)


 photo FallenTooFar_zps056fd61d.jpg
Fallen Too Far - Abbi Glines


Rush opened his mouth then closed his eyes tightly and shook his head. "Fuck!" he growled. Then his eyes flew open and his hands were suddenly in my hair and his mouth was on mine. I didn't know how to react. His lips were soft but demanding as he licked and bit my bottom lip. Then he pulled my top lip into his mouth and sucked gently. "I've been wanting to taste this sweet plump lip since you walked into my living room,"  he murmured before slipping his tongue into my mouth as I gasped at his words. He tasted like mint and something rich. My knees went weak and I reached up to grab his shoulders to hold myself steady. Then his tongue caressed mine as if asking me to join him. I took a small swipe of his mouth and then bit down gently on his lower lip. A small groan came from his throat and the next thing I knew I was being lowered onto the small bed behind me.



Seriously...I'm beyond swooning over this book. And now I need to go finish it! But I want to hear from you! So link me your swoons for this week ladies! :)

**
I've finished this book since writing this post. Abbi Glines has officially ruined ALL men for me. But I can't even bring myself to come up with a review at the moment. I went from loving Blaire and thinking Rush was one of the biggest jerks on the planet...to despising Blaire and just so torn apart for Rush and how this ended. Feels galore. I heart Rush Finlay. Not prepared to move on to Never Too Far yet. But one of these days!





8 comments:

  1. Jesus, I'm so reading this book...
    I'd never seen this meme, it's so cool! Like, what makes you wanna read a book more than sexy times? I might actually do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes! I love your response :D And yes it's a fun meme Doesn't always have to be steamy sexy sometimes it's sweet. But lets face it...I love me some steamy ones ;)

      Delete
  2. WOW! Great swoon choice! Abbi Glines definitely knows how to write some good ones :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She absolutely does! You're welcome and thanks for stopping by mine too :)

      Delete
  3. I NEED TO READ THIS ALREADY! Yeah, that deserved caps because MAN! That was hot and I've heard that Rush is yummy. I have this on my Nook too, but I have so many other books to read. *cry*

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon earlier Sheri!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW- I love, love, LOVE your meme Tangled buttons! They make me smile every time!

      Delete
    2. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE CAPS AT ANY AND ALL TIMES! There aren't any adequate words to emphasize the yumminess that is Rush. *SiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigH*

      I know what you mean about too many books I just added more to mine *Facepalm*

      Thank for stopping by Jessica! <3 x

      Delete
  4. Nice!! Great choice!

    Sorry I'm late. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    My Swoon from Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

    ReplyDelete