Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #12



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic is....


Top Ten Book Covers of Books I've Read


Ohhh the covergasm. I'm one of it's biggest fans. This should be fun! I've pulled up like 17 or so books/series from my Goodreads "Read" shelf. Oh dear.


ONE - ABBI GLINES


 photo GLINES-TTT_zpsaed1ca40.jpg


I've only technically read The Vincent Boys out of all these at this point. But I LOVE this cover style she has going on. You just have to take a glance and know *BAM* that's an Abbi Glines book! They're so simple, with the white background and either a couple or just a guy or just a girl and then the strip with the title and her name. They're simple yet my absolute favorites.


TWO - COLLEEN HOOVER


 photo HOOVER-TTT_zpsac76aa88.jpg


The Slammed Series cover redesign is just awesome. I'm not normally big on cover redesigns but in this case  I'm all for it. Major improvement. And I had to throw in Hopeless because it's so purdy as well :D


THREE -THE LUX SERIES


 photo LUX-TTT_zps6008ee62.jpg


The only reason I started these books to begin with was the cover of Obsidian. There was something about it that called to me and said "read me, read me, read me" Thank goodness I eventually caved and listened to that voice. She's now one of my favorite authors!



FOUR - THE MATCHED SERIES


 photo MATCHED-TTT_zps352a0981.jpg


These books and the cover of Matched is what started me down the path for love of all things Dystopian. I saw Matched and then wanted to pick it up and read the blurb and I was instantly hooked. And I love how they're green, blue and red to match the tablets and each one sort of represents the overall feel of the novel.



FIVE - EASY


 photo EASY-TTT_zps44186521.jpg


It's SO PRETTY! It's the moment, the way he's touching her face, it's just everything. Love, love, love.


SIX - WALKING DISASTER


 photo DISASTER-TTT_zpse05f11fc.jpg


 Beautiful Disaster was an okay cover but THIS one blows that out of the water. It's just gorgeous. The tattoo, the butterfly, the coloring. Just breathtaking.



SEVEN - JESSICA SORENSEN


  photo SORENSEN-TTT_zps8ca871c8.jpg


She's got some pretty amazing covers. The Secret of Ella and Micha has a couple other designs too but this one is always my favorite. It just pops. And her designs just keep getting better with each book that comes out!



EIGHT - THE UNEARTHLY SERIES


 photo UNEARTHLY-TTT_zps22f3b909.jpg


They're sort of that...simple yet lovely design. The lettering with the swirly stuff and feather. I don't know they're all just very pretty!



NINE - THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY...


 photo SMITH-TTT_zps4cfd0375.jpg


Some of my favorite covers are black and white with a bit of red to just make it pop. And this is one of my favorite of the favorites..



TEN - BEFORE I FALL

  photo OLIVER-TTT_zpsb6b2df02.jpg


This was another one of those bought it and read it because the cover was awesome types of books.


There were so many more that I wanted to add but I was good and kept it at 10 (sort of ha!)
Blow me away! Let's see your favorite covers :)


3 comments:

  1. I've never read the Matched series because I'm not interested in reading that kind of love triangles, but I always found the covers incredibly interesting. Like the ones from The Hunger Games. Anyway, GREAT LIST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a single book on your list although I'm interested in Before I Fall. I still love your Tangled theme.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-covers-i-love-of-books-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lux series does have some seriously gorgeous covers. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete